Home » News » Self-Reflection Week 3

Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.

Self-Reflection Week 3

The first assignment in class was to explore my identity and how media may or may not have influenced who I am and how I see myself. The creative non-fiction essay was a task to identify certain weaknesses I may have in my writing journey, and to perfect the craft of conjoining thought to ease the flow of connecting points while writing.

Exploring the rhetorical situation of my creative non-fiction essay:
Audience: The intended audience of my creative non-fiction essay was my professor and

by extension my peers in class. Being that this was an academic exploration of myself and my identity, it was paramount that I used language that would be easily understood by my peers. It was also important for me to express my thought forwardly to keep my peer’s attention.

Purpose: The purpose of my creative nonfiction essay was to express my story and the developments that contributed to whom I am as a person while working on my ability to share an objective narrative through articulate word compilation.

Author: I being the author had first-hand experiences with how my story shaped my identity. I’m the person who would be best at telling my narrative.

Media: The media chosen was a written essay that I was instructed to write to satisfy my academic journey in college while also chosen for my classmates to learn or correct my narration through peer review.

Genre: The genre chosen was a non-fiction essay, to explore our identities and to infuse our ability to write about ourselves.